Bankruptcy law offers a way for individuals to reduce or eliminate certain debts. In addition, it can provide a timeline for repayment of non-dischargeable debts over time. Further, bankruptcy permits individuals and organizations to repay secured debts, such as real estate and vehicles pledged as collateral, on more favorable terms.
- Commercial Bankruptcy and Reorganization. Tune, Entrekin & White’s bankruptcy practice utilizes out-of-court workouts, as well as Chapter 11 and other court proceedings, to assist both large and small companies in resolving their financial problems.
- Individual Bankruptcy and Reorganization. We represent individuals in Chapter 7, 13, and 11 cases in Nashville and the greater state of Tennessee.
Creditors’ Rights and Remedies
While Tune, Entrekin & White represents secured and unsecured creditors in bankruptcy cases, including Chapter 7, 13, and 11 cases, the firm also represents creditors in matters that do not involve bankruptcy.
- Foreclosing upon real property on behalf of lenders.
- Filing state court lawsuits to recover collateral and collect debts.
- Filing and taking action to enforce mechanic’s’ and materialmen’s liens.
- Domesticating and enforcing out-of-state judgments.
We also represent creditors in workout situations and have particular experience representing creditors in involuntary bankruptcy cases.
Litigated matters are many and varied under the Bankruptcy Code. A few of the litigated issues in which our firm has extensive experience include:
- Validity of creditor claims.
- Whether a creditor received a “preferential” or “fraudulent” payment from a debtor before the bankruptcy.
- Whether a secured creditor is entitled to relief from the bankruptcy “automatic stay” so that it may recover its collateral.
- Whether proposed plans of reorganization are fair to creditor.
When you are considering bankruptcy, you shouldn’t have to worry about excessive attorney fees. Your financial freedom and health is our primary concern. Because Tune, Entrekin & White has experience and expertise unrivaled by any other Nashville bankruptcy law firm, we’re able to provide the attention that your case and finances deserve.