Capitol View, 500 11th Ave. North, Suite 600
Nashville, TN 37203
Main Office Number: (615) 244-2770
Main Office Fax: (615) 244-2778
Assistant: Lindsay Wells
Bethel University, B.A., 2016
Marshall–Wythe School of Law at the College of William & Mary, J.D., 2019
- Regularly represents buyers and sellers in multi-million-dollar commercial and residential development real estate transactions.
- Routinely drafts and reviews commercial lease agreements.
- Represented the founders of a multi-million-dollar business in the sale of their business to a public corporation, getting millions of dollars more upfront.
- Represents a publicly traded company in state administrative proceedings.
- Obtained a favorable settlement for a commercial landlord in lawsuit against a national restaurant chain for breach of lease.
- Obtained a favorable settlement for a local business in a federal copyright lawsuit.
- Represents an international manufacturer in domestic trademark registrations.
- Won a bench trial on behalf of a rape victim against the State of Tennessee for negligent employment practices in the care of a prison inmate.
- Won a jury trial on behalf of an injured person against a national retail chain.
Sam represents commercial and residential developers, builders, landlords, and entrepreneurs in real estate and business transactions in variety of contexts. Sam routinely represents clients on both buyer and seller side in real estate transactions, lease negotiations, and asset sales. Sam also serves as a closing agent to facilitate transactions.
In addition, Sam provides value to businesses by minimizing tax liability and preventing legal issues before they become expensive problems. Sam advises clients in a variety of industries, including construction, consulting, manufacturing, and more in drafting, negotiating, and enforcing their entity’s governing documents and vender contracts to (1) ensure performance and maximize results and (2) prevent costly litigation. When litigation does arise, Sam has experience obtaining positive and efficient outcomes for publicly traded and small businesses, as well as individuals.
Sam is from Hendersonville, Tennessee. He graduated from William and Mary Law School, cum laude, (2019) where he was a member of the Center for Legal and Court Technology. Sam graduated at the top of his class from Bethel University with a focus in history and computer science. Outside the office, Sam enjoys being an assistant coach for the Middle Tennessee University Ice Hockey Team, working as an ice hockey official, and spending time with his family.